Itinerant Lists are for staff who move among buildings and/or districts to provide services for students. A few examples would be Speech/Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, School Nurse and staff who provide attendant care. This may also include Speech/Language when the student does not receive cross cat services.
Some of these lists are interfaced with an SBS (Medicaid) billing application.
Prior to creating Itinerant Lists, Itinerant Codes must be set up each school year under Enrollments>Itinerant codes. The codes can be rolled over from the previous school year under Enrollments>Itinerant codes>Roll Over Services button or Itinerant Codes can be added manually in the current year.
To rollover itinerant codes:
- Check that the year is in the current year.
- Click Rollover Services.
Enter the year from the dropdown and click "Submit."
To add new itinerant codes:
Go to Enrollments - Itinerant Codes.
Click "Add Code"
Choose the correct itinerant code from the dropdown menu, and add additional information as needed.
Click Add Itinerant Code.
Add a New Itinerant List
Click on Enrollments>Itinerant Lists. If the service is not showing, it can be added under Enrollments>Itinerant Codes. The Itinerant Codes need to be added annually (see instructions above).
- Click the gray bar to expand the service and view providers.
- Click Edit Service to edit the service details.
- Click View Student List to add/delete/end date students.
- Itinerant Service name
- Itinerant Service code. See above for information about how to add/rollover itinerant codes.
- Click the drop down to add additional itinerant service staff to the service.
- List of staff providing the itinerant service in the district.
- Select the checkbox to bill as UOS
- Lists the students currently enrolled on each staff member's itinerant list.
- Lists the students dropped from each staff member's itinerant list.
- Lists the total students who have been enrolled on the staff member's list.
- Click View Student List to view students enrolled on the itinerant list.
- Click Rollover Itinerant List to rollover the current itinerant list into the next school year.
Enrolling Students on Itinerant Lists
Enrollments>Itinerant Lists>click on the service, then View Student List.
- Associated Staff lists the staff member associated with the itinerant list.
- Add Secondary Staff to this itinerant list.
- Delete a student from the itinerant list. NOTE: Students should only be deleted between the last day of school and the first day of school. Deleting a student deletes the record of the student on the list. Instead of deleting a student from the itinerant list, end date the student so that a record of the student's enrollment remains.
- Enroll Student will allow a user to enroll a student to the itinerant list.
- Show EOY (End of Year) fields for a specific student. Click next to the specific student in order to show their EOY fields.
- Lists the name of the student on the itinerant list. NOTE: This is a hyperlink and will take you to the student's Student Detail View page when clicked.
- Start date of the enrollment on the itinerant list.
- End date of the enrollment on the itinerant. NOTE: Students should be end dated if they withdraw from a district or if they are dismissed from services during a school year.
- Edit a student's enrollment information on the itinerant list.
To Enroll a Student, Click "Enroll Student"
- Itinerant Service
- Staff member associated with the itinerant list.
- Choose the Placement District of the student who will be enrolled.
- Choose the Student from the dropdown.
- Enter the Start Date the student will be receiving services for the school year.
- Placement/Attendance school will autofill, based on the student's District tab from Student Detail View.
- District of Residence will autofill, based on the student's District tab from Student Detail View.
- SBS District will autofill, based on the student's District tab from Student Detail View.
- FAPE District will autofill, based on the student's District tab from Student Detail View.
- Complete Projected UOS (optional)
- Check Bill as UOS (optional)
- Check the Eval Only if the staff is only seeing the student for an eval.
- Enter the Time & Frequency the staff is seeing this student (Note: if the Time & Frequency information is added here, it will print on reports for the staff member).
- Add any necessary Comment(s). This may include if this enrollment is taking place at an alternat school, for example.
- Enroll Student will return the user to the itinerant list page.
- Save and Enroll Another will allow the user to continue to add more students to the itinerant list.