Transportation is a related service that can be tracked in SEEDS. This article shares how transportation is tracked, how to create a Transportation Itinerant List to track the district's transportation needs, and the benefits of the S-5 - Student Special Transportation Plan form.
This report pulls students who have Transportation selected on their Student Detail View>Evaluation Details tab>Related Service section. To add/remove a student from the report, check/uncheck Transportation on the students Evaluation Details tab, but only do so if that is a reflection of the most recent IEP. The Transportation related service option is stored historically.
- Report Type - Summary or Detailed for more information
- An Export to CSV is available to put the data in a spread sheet
Reports>IEP Data Report
The IEP Data Report pulls data from the student's most recent IEP saved in Final Draft. To find the students who have Transportation listed as a Related Service on their IEP:
- Select the District
- Select the Enrollment Year
- Select how you want the Report Type
- Included Data select Related Services
- Use Control/Command F to search for Transportation in the report.
Create a Transportation Itinerant List
Tracking transportation can be done by creating a Transportation Itinerant List. An Itinerant List must be attached to a SEEDS user. One consideration could be the person who is in charge of transportation for the district.
- Create a user or verify an existing user's permissions include the Enrollment Section>Staff Access to Caseload is yes
- Select the district the user should be a drop down option to add to a class/itinerant list
- Under Enrollments>Itinerant Lists if there is not a Transportation option, go to Enrollments>Itinerant Codes
- Click on the green +Add Code button and then select the 9999 - Transportation code and then click Add Itinerant Code
- Follow the instructions for Itinerant Service Lists in the Enrollments article in the Help Center
to set up the Transportation itinerant list
S-5 - Student Special Transportation Plan
The S-5 - Student Special Transportation Plan form is a great resource to collect pick-up and drop-off information, emergency contact information, emergency medical information, the child's needs as related to transportation, how the child communicates, child behavior plan and more. This would be great to give to the bus driver to have on-hand if need be.