The Student Detail View is the primary source of information in SEEDS4Schools. It contains all of the identifying data on a student and information regarding the areas of disability, consent dates, and other information needed for state and federal reports. The ability to edit the Student Detail View is based on the user's permission. Keeping the information on the Student Detail View updated ensures data integrity throughout SEEDS4Schools.
|Click on section
EVENTS & FORMS
- Activate/Inactivate button (permission based)
- Button to Print Student Info in entirety
- Events & Forms tab - defaults to the current event for the student
- Student details tab - data pertinent to the student
- Parent /Guardian tab - all parent/guardian data for the student
- District details tab- district information for the student (resident district/school, placement district/ school, open enrollment info, private school info, etc.)
- Evaluation details tab - meeting dates, disabilities, related services, educational environment, and comments
- Enrollments tab - shows the class and services the student is enrolled in.
- The links are access to that Class/Itinerant list under enrollments. (permission based)
- Print Preview - select the checkbox(es) by the form(s) and click this button to open the print preview
- Email - select the checkbox(es) by the form(s) and click this button to email the form(s)
- Delete - select the checkbox(es) by the form(s) and click this button to delete the form
- Copy - select the checkbox(es) by the form(s) and click this button to copy the form (permission based)
- Move - select the checkbox(es) by the form(s) and click this button to move the form to a different event (permission based)
- Print Labels/Envelops - click this link to print an individual/full sheet label or envelopes for the student or parent(s) or guardian(s) of the student
- Event View - drop-down list to view previous meetings - defaults to the most current event
- New Event - click this button to create a new event
- Event Name / Form Name - check this checkbox to select all forms showing
- Create Form - select this button to show the drop-down list of forms available for this event (permission based)
- Update Info - updates the student/parent information that prefills on the forms for the event shown
- Shows whether the Form Status is draft or final
- Edit - click this link to open the form to edit (permission based)
- Access Log - click this link to see who has access and/or updated the form (permission based)
- Unlocked / Locked the forms in the event, with the exception of the I-3-P - IEP Goal Progress, can be locked from editing. (permission based)
- File Upload option to upload supporting PDF's to the form. Only available in specific forms.
Adding a Student
Prior to adding a student, always search for the student by using the Dashboard>Advanced Search. If the Advanced Search finds the student, Activate the student into the district.
If the student is not found in the Dashboard's>Advanced Search, follow the below steps to add the student in SEEDS4Schools:
- Students icon
- MANAGE STUDENTS
- +ADD A STUDENT button
When adding a new student, there are 4 required fields:
- First Name
- Last name
- Birth Date
- District of Placement
SEEDS4Schools will give an alert when a new student is added and they have the same last name/birthdate or the same WISEid as another student in the database. Please verify if the existing student is the same student who is being added. Search for the student using the Dashboard>Advanced Search. If the existing student cannot be found, email support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Details tab collects personal information regarding the student. There are further details on a few of the options on this tab below:
- Student Contact Information is Private: Checking this box will remove the student's address from the Print View on the forms.
- The WISEid is required if the district shares SEPA data with WISEdata.
- Selecting the Make Forms Available in?>English and Spanish will add text fields/areas in forms labeled Espanol where translated data can be added as well as the option to print the form in Spanish.
- Medicaid section: The information in this section will prefill from the S-20 - Consent to Bill Wis. Medicaid for Medically-Related Special Education form:
- Consent Signed Date prefills from the S-20 - Consent to Bill Wis Medicaid for Medically-Related Special Education's>FOR SCHOOL DISTRICT USE ONLY>Date Signed field.
- Consent District prefills from the district listed in the first sentence of the S-20 - Consent to Bill Wis Medicaid for Medically-Related Special Education's form.
Note: the Medicaid section's information is removed when a student is Inactivated from the district.
When an Event is created for a student, a snapshot of the student and parents' demographic data is saved to populate the data on the forms in that event. If there is an update to the student or parent's demographics and the update(s) need to be reflected on the forms in the most current event, check the Apply changes to the current event checkbox to update the data in the form.
This can also be done by clicking on the Update Info link noted above.
The Parent/Guardian Details tab collects contact information for the student's Parent/Guardians. Ten separate Parent/Guardian options can be added. There are further details on a few of the options on this tab below:
- Use Student Details - this option will import the address information from the student to the Parent/Guardian address fields.
- Legal Guardian - Parents with the Legal Guardian checkbox checked will be included on label reports.
- Contact Information is Private: Checking this box will remove this parent's address from the Print View on the forms.
- Full Name - If the parents live together, add both parents to the same Full Name text box. If they are not together, create a separate Parent/Guardian for each one. The parents' information prefills on forms. For example, on the I-1 Invite, there is a Dear field and it will offer a checkbox option for each parent/guardian added on this tab so an invite can be created for each of them if need be.
- Add Another Phone: click on this link to add additional phone numbers for this Parent/Guardian.
The District Details tab is information in regards to the student's relationship to the district.
- Residence District- The district where the student resides.
- Resident School - The school the student would attend according to their address.
- Student Information System ID # - District’s student ID number (from Skyward, Power School, Infinite Campus, etc.). This number is useful when using the Export of Student Data report
- Placement District - School district the student is attending. This field can be updated by Inactivating/Activating the student.
- Placement School/School of Attendance - The school the student is receiving services from.
- FAPE District - The district selected will populate the FAPE School listed below. This data is collected for WISEdata-SEPA reporting.
- FAPE School - Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) responsible school fields are required for WISEdata SEPA submission. The school/district identified as FAPE responsible will be held accountable. The FAPE School selected must match the school that was selected in the StudentSchoolAssociation which is sent to DPI by the district's SIS.
- Current Grade Level - The grade level the student is currently in.
- Enrolled in New District - This is the date the student enrolled in the school district. This field will auto-populate when a student is Activated into the district.
- View Historical Data - (permission based) View the date/time and who made the changes to the District Details tab.
- SEPA Data - (permission based) Districts that have selected SEEDS4Schools as their 3rd party special education vendor in WISEdata will see Student Special Education Program Association (sSEPA) information when clicking on this link.
- Is the student open enrolled? Note: when a student is open enrolled out of a district, the non-placement district will no longer have access to the student's data.
- District of Open Enrollment - District which accepted enrollment.
- Is the student attending via a tuition waiver?
- District of Tuition Waiver - District the student is tuition waiver'd to.
Private School Student
- Is student attending a private school via parental placement? Yes or No
Home School Student
Is student home schooled?
Selecting Yes will make the student's special education status inactive. The student will be listed on the Re-Evaluation Due Date reports.
- Exit District Date - This date should match the date the student exited in the district's Student Information System (SIS). This date will prefill when the student is inactivated.
- Reason Student Exited (DPI) - Select WISEdata exit type or it will prefill when the student is inactivated. The reason should match what was selected in the district's SIS.
- Continuing District - Select the district the student transferred to, or it will prefill when the student is inactivated
- Transferred In Date - Date the student transferred into the district. This will prefill from the S-8 - Special Education Child Transfer Registration form.
- Transferred From - District the student transferred from. This will prefill from the S-8 - Special Education Child Transfer Registration form.
- Transferred To - District the student transferred to. This will prefill from the S-8 - Special Education Child Transfer Registration form.
- Type of Evaluation - Initial or Re-eval will prefill when an A-2 - Notice of Receipt of Referral or Notice of Reevaluation form is created for the student.
- Case Manager - Name of Case Manager assigned to the student.
- Primary Impairment- A disability must be selected for the student's status to be Special Education Active.
- Does Child Have an Impairment? - Yes or No - This question must be answered Yes for the student to be Special Education Active.
- Does Child Need Special Ed? - Yes or No - This question must be answered Yes for the student to be Special Education Active.
- Evaluation in Process? - Yes or No - If Yes, the staff (with access to the district's data) will be able to access the student under the Filter by Eval in Process sort status of All or Yes for evaluation purposes.
- Additional Testing/Consent Given - Consent for additional testing is required when the IEP team has determined that additional tests are necessary to conduct an evaluation. Enter date for the most recent consent to evaluate.
- Evaluation Meeting -The date for the most recent evaluation team meeting. The Eval Due date, listed under the Evaluation Meeting date, will be calculated 2 years and 364 days after this date.
- Consent to Place - Date for most recent parent consent to place. This date is collected on the I-4 or I-4-AS - Parent Consent for Placement form.
- Special Ed Dismiss Date - The date the student was dismissed from Special Education. A date in this field will make the student's special ed status inactive in SEEDS4Schools.
- Consent Denied - The date parent withdrew consent for additional testing.
- Refused Evalauation - The date the parents refused evaluation.
- Refusal to Place - The date parent(s) refused to place the student. A date in this field will make the student's special ed status inactive in SEEDS4Schools.
- Placement Consent Revoked - The date parent(s) revoked consent. A date in this field will make the student's special ed status inactive in SEEDS4Schools.
- IEP/Service Plan Annual Meeting -The date the IEP is annually developed. The IEP Due Date is calculated 364 days after this date.
- IEP/Service Plan Implementation - The date the IEP or Service Plan will be implemented. This date is considered the IEP Start Date in the WISEdata SEPA record.
- IEP/Service Plan End - The date IEP/Service Plan will expire. This date is considered the IEP End Date in the WISEdata SEPA record.
View Historical Data - View the date/time and who has made changes to the District Details tab. This is permission-based.
This section allows reporting of identified Secondary Disability(ies) for the student if needed. Select all Secondary Disability(ies) categories as determined by the child’s latest evaluation.
Do not select the primary disability as a secondary disability. You cannot have a combination of primary and secondary disabilities of SLD and ID. If the same disability is selected as the primary disability, there will be a warning message.
If the student does not have identified secondary disabilities, all boxes should be unchecked.
This section allows the reporting of identified Related Service(s). Refer to the I-3 IEP to identify related services. If the student does not have any identified related services, all boxes should be unchecked.
Note: Selecting/unselecting Transportation will add/remove the student from the Transportation List report.
This section allows reporting of identified Adapted Physical Education for the student if needed.
- Education Environment - Select the Education Environment code option appropriate for the student's current placement.
- Comments - This area is for Comments from the director or special education leader.
- Comments (Secretarial Use Only) - Comment area for administration to add pertinent data about the student. (See example in image above)
- View Historical Data- (permission based) View the date/time and who made the changes to the Placement Information section.
The labels section lists the labels that were created from the Labels by Zip Code report. The purpose is to track mailings that were sent out.
- Start Date - The date the student started receiving the service for the current school year.
- End Date - The date the student stopped receiving the service for the current school year.
- Time & Frequency - The Amount & Frequency the student will be receiving the service. This prefills from the Itinerant Service enrollment if the information is added there.
- Service and Staff - This lists which service and the name of the staff providing it. This is a hyperlink to the enrollment page for that list.
- Class and Staff - which class and the name of the staff. This is a hyperlink to the enrollment page for that list.